The Mayrink Chapel was built by Viscount Alves Antonio Souto in 1855, with the name of N. Sra. de Belém.
The chapel became known by the present name in 1896, when the area where it was built was sold to the advisor Francisco de Paula Mayrink.
Inside are displayed screens replicas painted by Candido Portinari .
SEE how to get
Capela Mayrink - Tijuca Forest
On the first Sunday of each month, the Tijuca Forest becomes even more beautiful with the presence of the Holy Eucharist.
At 12:30, the chaplain of the Military Police, Priest Marcelo Assis Paiva, presides over the Eucharistic celebration in Mayrink Chapel. The next Mass will be held on May 4, 2014.